Stainless Steel Sanitary Tube is used for Food, Brewery, Dairy, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industries, A270 specification specified details on sanitary tube, outside and inside polishing on the ID to 0.8um Ra/OD to 0.5 Ra. healthy, clean, perfect performance, 304, 304L, 316L, 321 and duplex stainless steel.
- Standard: A270
- Roughness: 0.2 – 1.6 μm
- Grades: TP304 / 304L, TP316 / TP316L, TP321 / TP321H, 2205 / S31803
- Surface: polishing
- Polishing grit: 180, 240, 320, 400, 600 grit
- Outside diameter: 12.7 mm – 304 mm
- Thickness: 0.5 mm – 5 mm
- Length: specific or random
Stainless Steel Sanitary Tube Standard Specifications
ASTM A270 and 3A sanitary standard are main specifications for sanitary tube, it should be confirming to these standards.
ASTM A270 / A270M
Standard Specification for Seamless and Welded Austenitic and Ferritic/Austenitic Stainless Steel Sanitary Tubing
Sanitary Tube Sizes / Dimensions
We offer wide sizes and dimensions sanitary tubing and fitting for multiple applications.
Outside diameter range from 1/2 inch to 12 inch.
Wall thickness range from 0.02 inch to 0.2 inch.
Welded Sanitary Tubes
Starting from stainless steel strip or coil, we use automatic welding process for welded tubes, all tubes shall be furnished in the heat-treated condition, annealing temperature should be 1040° C minimum, and rapidly quenched, welding bead removed.
Polishing finishes and Ra value
tolerance of A270 Stainless Steel sanitary Tube
|OD Tolerance||WT Tolerance||Length Tolerance|
|≤ 25.4mm||± 0.13mm||± 12.5%||≤ 101.6mm||+3.2mm-0mm|
|> 25.4mm, ≤ 50.8mm||± 0.20mm||> 101.6mm||+4.8mm-0mm|
|> 50.8mm, ≤ 76.2mm||± 0.25mm|
|> 76.2mm, ≤ 101.6mm||± 0.38mm|
|> 101.6mm, < 139.7mm||± 0.38mm|
|> 139.7mm, ≤ 203.2mm||± 0.76mm|
|> 203.2mm, < 304.8mm||± 1.27mm|
Each tube shall be subjected to mechanical tests like reverse flattening test, hydrostatic test or nondestructive electric test, in practice eddy current testing is most used testing.
application of Stainless Steel Sanitary Tube
- Pharmaceutical, food, beer, drinking water, beverage industries
- Biological engineering, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical engineering, auto parts
- air purification，sea water desalting equipment
- Precision machinery plant, engine plant, chemical machinery, refrigeration machinery